Going from being with someone 24/7 to having an 8 hour time difference between you SUXXXXXX. OIjfkdljafkldjsaiojenwadskcxn
i just found out my boyfriend actually looks at my tumblr. good thing i write all the bad things about him on my other blog
i have the best boyfriend in da world
I have been in the Netherlands since Friday. Friday at about 8:15am to be exact (12:15am Calgary time to be exact). Cindy (mommy) and I spent Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (today) morning in Amsterdam. Things we did:
- Ate a fancy BLT at a place called BLOM. OmnomnomBLOM. I luv bacon.
- Tour Anne Frank huis (Anne Frank’s house). Super duper neat. Got to see the real bookcase that disguised the door that the secret annex was hiding behind. WhOooaa.
- Got sangwiches from a Coffee shop to save for later. We decided that bedtime would be about 4pm so we needed food for when we woke up briefly around dinner time. Cindy and I successfully passed out on and off from 4pm until 8 or 9am the next day. Woo! Take that jet lag
- Got breakfast at BLOM. Our regular hangout (says mom). We both got English breakfast because we love English breakfasts. Mm beans. Cindy was super gassy after. Hahaha jkz.
- Walked through the red light district. Supeeerrr strange. Ladies of all shapes and sizes wearing very little clothing and yelling out to men of all shapes and sizes. I didn’t get to witness a man walk into their little room with them though (dangit).
- Heineken tour! We love beer. They showed us the big copper things that they make it in. We also got to do this virtual tour where we are being made into the beer. Kind of like a roller coaster but instead we stood on a platform and it moved a couple of inches. And we were standing and didn’t have to be buckled in. So nothing like a roller coaster. We then got to personalize a Heineken beer bottle. I now have a Heineken bottle that says my name on it. Neat! They showed us the perfect way to pour it and drink it. You need to keep a foam layer on top so that the fizziness and flavor stays in. So while drinking it, you have to take biggggg gulps in order for the foam to remain on top. Neattoooooo
- Rijkemuseum. This museum was full of Rembrandt’s, including the Night Watch. I was amazed that it was severely damaged in 1975 (mentally disturbed man took a knife to it) and it looks like nothing ever happened.
- Ate dinner at a restaurant next door to where Rembrandt used to live. I had fish and chips. It was yummy. I luv fish and chips.
- We sleeps until 10am when housekeeping knocked on the door and woke us up. We were supposed to catch a 12:26 train but instead caught a 12:56 one. Woooops. O well though, we still made it to Groningen.
My new city of residence is suuuuuuper neat. There’s a fair going on in some square with a huge ride (like that huge one at Stampede that isn’t the ball one). That probably doesn’t help much. There’s also games and typical fair things. MawMaw and I had drinks and a meat tapas close to there. It was DeLlisssshhh. I also got wifi at that restaurant which was super awesome because it sucks at my hotel. We talked around town after that and noticed that there is unreal shopping here. I’m in trouble. Better shopping here than what I noticed in Amsterdam even. It’s way less hectic and dirty here too which i LOVE. I’d never be able to live in Amsterdam. I’d have to take lots of Ativan if I did.
Tomorrow Cindy and I must visit the police (to notify that I am here for Visa purposes), get me a cell phone plan (yay), a bank account, a hair straightener, shampoo and conditioner etc etc. I was considering going hair appliance-free for the next four months but I dunno if I can do it. I’ve already gone a couple days and I’m impressed with me. Headbands are my BFFs.
Tood-a-loo for now. I move into my room in my residence (the name of which I cannot pronounce) on Tuesday. That should be supppper fun. HOpefully there’s lots of exotic and kewl and exciting people that live with me that like to travel and have fun and dance. I like fun people because I like to have fun.
I miss some people (and my dog friends) in Calgary a lot but then I remind myself that I’m only gone for four months so I put down the ativan.